Welcome to the Epitaxial Nanostructures and Materials Group
Our research explores the synthesis of novel semiconductor nanostructures and materials, and the development of next-generation optoelectronic devices and (bio)sensors based on these structures.
We employ state-of-the-art epitaxial growth (MBE and MOCVD), material characterization and fabrication techniques. We are currently seeking motivated, creative, hands-on and highly qualified students to join our group.
Our research is focused on
- Optoelectronic devices (light emitters and detectors) integrated with Si technology/photonics
- Optical/electrical nano-interconnects
- Exploring new phases and strain states of matter
- Realizing heterostructures with dissimilar materials
- Quantum materials and phenomena
- Integrating III-V nanostructures on 2D materials